前往頁面 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  下一頁

發表新主題   回覆主題    《南方快報》南方論壇 首頁 -> Formosa Connection
上一篇主題 :: 下一篇主題  
發表人 內容
yay99

註冊時間: 2007-12-17
文章: 1390

發表發表於: 星期日 十一月 02, 2008 5:22 pm    文章主題: My perspective of English 引言回覆

My perspective of English. It is way back since I was a child, English has been said very important. I didn?t understand what it is for to speak a barbarian language. I was learning Mandarin. Teachers and textbooks said Chinese has the best cultures and almost everything of the whole world. But it seems Chinese has been constantly invaded by northern nomads, and lately by Japanese. I was puzzled. They were poorly barbarians, weren?t they? If it was so true, why didn?t Chinese beat the heck out of the intrusion than being raped and murdered? Then, it was Confucianism. I never learned what it is talking about besides behave, behave, and behave. So much confusion? If you were hit by another kid, don?t hit back. ?One coin doesn?t make the sound. Only two do.? My teacher punished me because I strike back.

Being such a slow learner until I came to the strongest nation that has ever been built on earth, I finally learned I was wasting my life learning crap. China had never been so great.
It is truly a joke that Confucianism dominated Chinese culture is the best. (A simple analogy is for job interview. If the hiring manager claims he or his group is the best knowing everything, never work for him. I guarantee he is an asshole.)

When DPP was on power in the past eight years, people had been saying localization (本土化) and de-Sinicization (去中國化). It is very unfortunate that English wasn?t highly promoted. Maybe it was. DPP legislators wanted to add English courses to grad school, but it was vetoed by KMTs. Why? As long as Taiwanese continue to use traditional Chinese, and find distant from English, Taiwanese will be always kept in the Chinese loop. How possible can Taiwanese be free from Chinese, and Confucianism? Use English to learn the world, to learn different cultures, and to self-examine. English will fit the job of de-Sinicization very well. Chinese know it, so they oppose the English root education.

Maybe the majority of Taiwanese don?t care how important de-Siniczation is. Dignity and honor are no match to economy at all. Then there is still something to be considered. English is the world language; whether you like it or not. We all know it is hard to pick up a second language, if we didn?t start from the early age. Our brains act as a sponge to absorb multi-languages, but once we miss the golden age, we have to learn it the hard way. It is eight years past. If DPP were able to implement the policy, our next generation is embedded with bilingual seeds. It is there, and natural. Unlike most of us, at least it applies to me. I learned it through memorization. If I don?t use the language, I will easily lose the capability. But luckily I live in an English speaking environment. My friends complain that their English regress since they returned Taiwan. Hollywood movies and Discovery channels are all dubbed with Chinese translation. Street signs are all Chinese. It must be really a joke that DPP government had once trying to make Taiwan as the Asia-Pacific transportation center. If a language is not used in the daily life, what is its application for? For scholars to teach in class, and continue to intimidate students with more English exams? And then more English cram schools? Why not learn English an easy way? India is a poor country, but most Indians speak Hindi and English. Ironically, with their heavy accent, Indian engineers despise on all other Asian engineers.

Not too many years ago there was a wide-spread computer virus. I saw at least three different translations on Chinese newspapers. With buzz words continue to grow every single day, I wonder how brilliant a Taiwanese student has to be in order to memorize the terminologies in both languages. It is an incredibly huge loading to every student! If you are not afraid, I am. I don?t have that kind of super power. A common fact to Hsinchu science park?s engineers is if you know the language well, you can replace your boss.

If there was an English environment, English would be an easy subject. Our new generation will grow with happier learning life, with more time at outdoors to grow physically strong, and learning new technologies efficiently at the same time. But Chinese doesn?t want to see this from happening. Chinese want to keep Taiwanese continue to be distant from the language. Human resource is Taiwan?s only resource. When young generation can no longer compete with the rest of world, Taiwan will automatically be drawn into China. It is already showing the sign that more and more young generation are finding their jobs in Shanghai.

If Amitabah is an ultimate mantra to many Buddhists to pure land, English must be the ultimate way to separate Taiwanese from Chinese, and paves the way to Taiwan as an independent country.
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
sunshine
版面管理員

註冊時間: 2007-09-22
文章: 1909

發表發表於: 星期三 十一月 05, 2008 3:02 am    文章主題: 引言回覆

Yay99,

I believe this was a heated topic when DPP was in power. I also think that your point of view is very refreshing. Nevertheless, the situation in Taiwan is very different from India and old HK. They were both occupied by the British for years; hence, English is already part of their daily life.

As sad as it is, English was never part of the Taiwanese culture nor history. So to execute or trying to sell the idea of English as an official language might have its challenges.

I agree on the part that the "spoken language" influence how people think. Don't you think it is easier to push for Taigu education rather than a complete 180 on English as the primary language for Formosa?
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
yay99

發表發表於: 星期四 十一月 06, 2008 3:27 pm    文章主題: 引言回覆

Hi Sunshine,

Thanks for the reply, and pointing me to the right channel to do posting.

Speaking frankly, isnt every kid put into the English learning train? It just happens that it is an 18th century train powered by coal-steam. In my perspective, we are already trying to make English as an official language, but we fail it for several decades.

It is an information explosion age. I imagine how terrified it is a kid is required to learn, in order to become a professional in any field. As I am typing now, many new buzz words are created. I am extremely frightened that if we continue to do this translation thing, it doubles the loading, and slows down learning process. Engineers like to talk about efficiency. We shouldnt let English, a communication tool, cause us such troubles. So, why not create an English speaking environment, rather than stuck in the pure Chinese speaking society? Reducing the pain of the learning process is the whole point. If a kid needs to wear glasses, I hope it is not caused by studying English. If a brain is to be stuffed with knowledge, I hope it is better loaded with something useful, not the junk. No one outside Taiwan cares about the translated terminology we use, given that I cited terminology as an example here.

If the war happens, and GIs come to assist, can our soldiers fight side by side with GIs without communication issues? Taiwan has nothing but people residing on this island. It is very natural that outside people would take advantage of our stranded situation with China. English capability will leverage our presence on CNN and on any international organizations. When it comes to argue or negotiate in a company, who wins? I see most of time people with better command on English win, regardless of color.

Every civilization has its own wisdom. Chinese has its share, but Chinese culture has too much junk. I personally believe English can balance out. It is like you mentioned that English has different kind of thinking and reasoning from Chinese language.

As majority of Taiwanese people only care about economy, people should consider seriously about passing English this time. Of course, it is too late now with Mas KMT on power. Reunification is very possible within his four year tenure. But English still helps if someone is floating over the sea waiting to be rescued as a refugee. Consider this last sentence is stated for those who voted Ma, and those who like to claim themselves impartial craps.
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
sunshine
版面管理員

發表發表於: 星期一 十一月 10, 2008 11:37 pm    文章主題: 引言回覆

Hi, Yay99

Point well made. I understand and agree with what you are saying. Now with Ma's govening, I doubt that English will be high on his priority list in Education reform. I think he is in such a hurry trying to "unify" Taiwan with China at this time, everything else is at the back burner.

I believe now a days, the kids in Taiwan starting to learn English at kindergarten. That's a good start. However, the shortcoming is that it is hard to find a "pure English speaking enviroment" in Taiwan. I have majority of my education here in the US, so I am not familiar with the current education system in Taiwan. But I do know that folks who care about their children's education do emphasis English in their daily learning. My cousins are trying to send their children overseas (i.e US, Australia, New Zealand) to learn English over the summer.

I think back in March, Ma painted the "a rosy magic picture" for the Taiwanese people, that's why a lot of them voted for Ma. Not that they all wanted unification with China. But the media portraits the A Bian goverment as a bad elements for the Taiwanese economy. I believe the Taiwanese media is the reason why Ma got elected.

I was in Taiwan the last 10 days. I eyewitness the police brutality first hand on TV. It was horrific to witness. To see the regression in Taiwan's democracy. The Pan Green media reported the scene as police brutality. However, the majority of the media is still Pan Blue. They protrait the "protestors" as violent individuals. I heard some "call in callers" wishing the protestors all go to hell. This is how things are splited in Taiwan.

Nevertheless, I do see hope in Taiwan. When the college students and professors sat down to protest peacefully, I realize that people in Taiwan knew it is crucial timing in Taiwan. They came out and voiced their "request". I give their courage a lot of credit.

As much as the Ma goverment has disappointed us overseas Taiwanese, there are still a lot of Taiwanese people trying to protect Taiwan's sovereignty. I saw some of them when I was in Kaohsiung this time. A lady in her 80's still goes to the intersection ( where Mr Lin started the protest) daily to protest. People like that lady in her 80's touches my heart. It is people like that will continue to bring Taiwan hope. I know the situation is not at the up and up, but definitely do keep a positive attitude. Only when we stay postive as a team, we can have the best possible outcome.
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
yay99

發表發表於: 星期二 十一月 11, 2008 2:13 pm    文章主題: 引言回覆

It is year 2008, parents continue to find the best interests for their kids, as always. It depends on parents' financial status though. Some kids go to one on one tutor. Some go to overseas English summer camp, etc. I wonder where the rest of kids would go to. They must be really enjoying their childhood while ohter kids are busy learning a barbarian
language. (I don't mean any disrespectful to your relative.)

It seems I should find a pan-blue channel to do my posting.
I am in particular interested in challenging those who claim themselves impartial, to find out their impartial status on economy standing. It will be a lot of fun!! I have respect to those who came to this island with warlord Chiang, and totally
appreciate their disparity toward Taiwanese. (Of course, some are not.) But there is a tremendous amount of Taiwanese people who'd like to play impartial roles to the land they reside. They must be really strong to survive in any adverse environment. I wonder if they speak the universal language yet? Are they filthy loaded? What put them to be imparital? Imparitality is not much different from indifference.
An indifferent creature is ususally cold-blooded, or gullible to be abused. I think these Taiwanese belong to the later.

No doubt Taiwan's media has long been controlled by Pan-blue, but internet provides a very good way to know the world. Again, English is the WAY. Crap, what is for to browse English website? English is only used for exams, communicating with A-dao-A, and sometimes to show people off, nothing else.

Since the early nineties, Taiwanese have enjoyed the economy booming, and totally lost their mind that China is avariciously to swallow the island. Do people feel the threat? Obviously not. When KMT vetoed the arms purchase, it is unbelievable that KMT could successfully launch a campaign to reverse the fund for the sake of economic purpose. Obviously. No single ethnic group on earth can match Taiwanese's braveness, not even terrorists!! If Chinese likes to abuse Taiwanese; then Taiwanese must be the kind to enjoy being abused. My grade school teacher's philisophy is validated here, "One coin doesn't make the noise, only two do."

An old friend said, "He doesn't care who is on power, even CCP, because he needs to work hard for his living. As long as the party "promises" him with good economy, good job
opportunity, etc. He would vote the party..." I have nothing else to say.

yay99 在 星期六 一月 18, 2014 2:57 am 作了第 1 次修改
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
sunshine
版面管理員

發表發表於: 星期三 十一月 12, 2008 3:14 am    文章主題: 引言回覆

I had the same conversation with Tselu. I do not believe there is such thing as "an impartial voter", " a middle voter". They are really NOT swing voters, but KMT supporters most of the time. These are people who will not take a stand in their political belief, but use " economy" as an excuse which way they will vote. And since the so called impartial voters are rarely independent thinkers, so they are swinged by the media. And we all know which way the media swings.

One thing I have learned so far is that there are two things in the world I will not "try to" convince anyone (in Taiwan or US) -religion belief and political belief. With that being said, good luck in going to Pan Blue websites trying to "challenge" them. Because in their heads, they are the righteous force. I think you will just get even more frustrated than now. Just like there will NO WAY for a Pan Blue person to convince your thinking. It should be the same vice versa.

As much as the current situation in Taiwan is painful for us to observe overseas; however, I believe there is a silver lining in all this. The younger generation will learn first hand " Freedom is not free". The freedom of speech they are enjoying since birth is because many people before them had sweat and bled. So this generation will learn that appeasement will not get them anywhere. And being a sovereign land/country is the only option.

I believe when you posted back in August when you went back to Taiwan for the 830 marching, you felt the passion of the Taiwanese people. There are still lots of hot blooded and concern Taiwanese people who will protect Taiwan's sovereignty. Do not despair. For some of those 7 million voters who voted for Ma for a "quick better tomorrow", what is going on in Taiwan is a rude awakening. To witness police brutality on TV, to witness the police used excessive force at the record store that was playing a Taiwanese song....... Taiwanese are waking up (not sure if it is too late). Nevertheless, only when Taiwan is a sovereign land/country , then we can talk about executing the education plan to put English as a "must learned" language.
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
yay99

發表發表於: 星期三 十一月 12, 2008 6:10 pm    文章主題: 引言回覆

Having said I should find a pan-blue channel to do posting, I meant not to discourage the brave, clear thinking Taiwanese visiting this column. After all, the patriotic ones are rare. Most of my words are meant for those impartial voters, and Pan-blue Taiwanese. I dont have the manpower to convince them to care, but I will remain impartial if it happens that I can be any helpful.

When DPP was on power, I saw many 外省人 respond they are from Taipei while being asked where they are from. Taipei? Confusing enough. Somehow Chinatown Taipei is a country? One guy denounced his Taiwan passport, but lately claimed it back since Mas KMT came back to power. These are the typical Pan-blue 外省人.

I like to visit different temples in northern America. As far as I know, many Buddhism temples are pretty much fallen into Chineses hands. For those that are not, rival contentions are ongoing. It makes sense most grand masters are 外省人. But realize that ninety nine percent of Buddhism temples were built with a huge Taiwanese funding. It is in fact no secrete at all in the Buddhists community it is easier to get donations from Taiwanese than Chinese. Taiwaneses impartiality is further validated in the religion realm. I visited a very famous temple in East coast a few years ago. I played dumb by speaking Taiwanese during the stay. Chinese didnt like me. Pan-blue 外省人 regarded me as 臺毒. What surprised me is a few Taiwanese tried to avoid me. It must be Holy ground that no politics should come into interference. But strange enough, I saw Cantonese people speak Cantonese without any hesitation. Back to the Valley at a Buddhist family gathering, a grand master questioned me if I am a Chinese. He must have seen me enjoy speaking fluent Taiwanese with others, and wanted to stop using the inappropriate language.

I still remember one time when my colleague greeting me in Taiwanese at hall way in the company, a 外省人 walked by and said to my colleague, How could this language be spoken at this place? It was year 1998 in Santa Clara, CA. I really regret that I didnt greet his mother.

Stray away from your contention. In my opinion, the majority of Taiwanese doesnt deserve equal treatment. They deserve to be XXXX. Only the extreme harsh adverse condition will help those Taiwanese to realize the outcome to be part of China, to pick a Pan-blue leader. It is the spirit of COW. Those Taiwanese wont move (awake) unless someone whips their asses. It is very unfortunate, thanks to those people, that Taiwans road to be a sovereign state has to go through the hardest way. The condition is still too lax. I expect to see more chaos and more abusive measures from Mas power. When the society is completely in disorder, China will send its troop to appease the internal affair. I really wish Pan-green folks stay strong.
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
sunshine
版面管理員

發表發表於: 星期六 十一月 15, 2008 2:47 am    文章主題: 引言回覆

Yay99

I was talking to one of the system administrator of news100, he thinks that all Ma's movement right now is to "cleanse" Taiwanese culture to pure Chinese. So any one who is influential to the Taiwanese culture and politics, he/she is behind bars. Ma is not only cynical yet arrogant. He obviously does not think any one will stop his "express to China plan". Also in those 7 millions voters who voted for him back in March, I do not think all 7 million wanted unification. Nevertheless, now the 23 million Taiwanese citizens are now suffering from the consequences TOGETHER as ONE.

I sense a LOT of Pan Green and pro Taiwanese folks on news100 forum are angry and frustrated. And started to be sarcastic towards other viewers (mainly in general forum)Because some felt that stronger opposition force should be displayed, or perhaps they felt Ma is progressing in light years, and opposition voice is still doing baby steps. Unify the Pan Green and Pro Taiwan voice should be the most crucial step at this time. Personally, I do not think DPP Chairwoman, Dr Tsai is doing all she can. I hope the student movement, or Freddy can be the new refreshing force to pressure the Ma's goverment.

As of your experience with the temple and Buddhism, I believe you are right. The books we read about Buddhism is heavily influenced by the Chinese culture. However, I believe Buddhism is not limited to one culture, one country. I view Buddhism as a philosophy of wisdom that has no boundries. Those monks who pose a judgement on you do not represent Buddhism itself. Even though they shaved their heads, but that's only the appearance, they might have a far journey to understand what zen and Buddhism is all about.
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
yay99

發表發表於: 星期六 十一月 15, 2008 5:24 pm    文章主題: 引言回覆

Totally agree with that it is a difficult time to all the Taiwanese people who wish to have a self-sovereign state. We should unit together. Maybe I am wrong, but I didnt see such sign on demonstration I joined. People brought different banners to show their groups, temples, or cities they belong to. Some people dont appear with simple purpose of demonstration. Some people still use the phrase "if you have time, welcome to visit our- xxx," as their goodbye greeting to their friends. I saw it very often too on many TV talk shows. Taiwan is small enough. I dont understand why people continue to divide it into different smaller cities. We are not gangsters to draw a line of our territories!! Maybe this regional locality mindset is well manipulated by the KMT gang to divide up Taiwanese.

Many people use the phrase, "May gods help Taiwan," at the end of their comments. It is very similar to an American to put "May God help US!" at the end of their speech. The difference is people of the US tried their best efforts on this earthen ground. Taiwanese people prefer to rely on gods, without doing their part of work. Taiwanese always like to talk about 天理, but never realized that they themselves are the ones that fail to keep up with it. It is a survival fittest world. If you dont do your part of homework, who is going to help? I imagine gods must be busy like the hell. Someone called in to Dacha program and invited people to join force with them before Ma-Zoo temple to plead Ma-Zoo bring up justice for Yin-Lin county mayor's, Ms. 蘇治芬, mistreatment. It is year 2008, and there is such a pathetic movement!! My Buddhist friends once told me there are Buddhism temples spreading out the entire island. In the north, there is Xxx Mountain, in the middle there is Xxx Mountain, etc. Taiwan is secured. X#@? Taiwanese people seem to forget two important things - God help those who help themselves. The entire Chinese history shows Chinese doesnt obey 天理. And yet, Taiwanese prefer to be ruled by Chinese, or be a Chinese.

In a democratic society, it is a sacred responsibility to every citizen to choose a righteous leader. After DPP lost the legislators ballot, a DPP leader gave a public speech. He greeted, The greatness of Taiwanese people It was quite humiliating. Taiwanese people have the vantage of dominant population, but they didnt choose their own bloodlines. It must be because DPP candidates were really incompetent or tied with black gold. It is always my impression that Taiwanese carry the question mark to themselves, How could possible a Taiwanese qualify to rule Taiwan? It is better to be ruled by 外省人. They know how to deal with Chinese; how to boost good economy. Let them do the job. We just keep working hard for our own living. Mind less. Maybe they are born to be the leaders. (It is well stated in the US naturalization booklet that no single person is born as a leader.) It is a similar experience, "How could Taiwanese language be spoken at this very high-tech company?" (How come 港-Zai speaks Cantonese is no problem?) Even so, better twist the tongue to pronounce Mandarin; otherwise 外省人 will laugh us our Taiwanese accent Mandarin. "A-草 e!!"

Recall when I was a student in an English conversation class, all students used "mainland" to represent China. Our English teacher was new to Taiwan. He was confused what we meant of "mainland". And to us, we thought we used the right term in English of China. Our English teacher explained that mainland means the main land mass of a country or continent. So, mainland doesnt have to be China. Maybe Pan-blue friends should stop using the term, 大陸.

Imagine that if someone fools you once, he will fool you another time; because he has totally no respect to you. Similarly, Taiwanese has let KMT fool numerous times. Why would KMT stop? How could possible to ask KMT have a fair treatment? Yin-Lin county mayor, Ms. 蘇治芬, is convicted to 15 years of prison and deprived eight years of civic rights. That's right. We Taiwanese have impartial attitude on this matter, although it is an outrage that quite many pan-green camp leaders are either corrupted or incompetent. We are too upset to speak a word!! Media has double-standard, so do we. We show no mercy at all to our own bloodlines, regardless that it is true or not. Let right or wrong be determined by the pan-blue controlled media and judicial department. On the other hand, we totally accept that if Pan-blue camp people embezzle money or have any fraudulent account. We take it as a normal reasonable matter. We Taiwanese are very lenient, and courteous to Pan-blue camp people that made the mistake. Who doesnt make any mistake? Most importantly, they know how to rule, know how to bring up good economy!! The ridiculous phenomena wont end until Taiwanese all together say NO.

So, obviously when the police head, Mr. Li Han-Chin, indicated that he will do it again to break into the music record store to stop playing Taiwanese folk song. It is almost certain that he will arrest someone on street or at home as he wishes. It just reminds me a Hong Kong martial art drama I watched, that played the most common story made in Hong Kong. During the Japanese ruling, a corrupted police head arrests the hero. Most of time this poor guy is the martial art master. Then there is someone, maybe one of his female adorers, good friends, or disciples, would say, "He didnt do anything wrong. How could you do such shabby thing to arrest him?" The police head would turn around and show his most nasty snicker, "I will figure out a reason later." The hero would say, "Dont worry. I did nothing wrong. They can't do anything to me." The hero must lose his mind that he is just being handcuffed by the corrupted police. What follows is my favorite part, all kinds of fighting. The difference between the drama police and Taiwan police is Taiwan police head, Mr. Li Han-Chin, showed us his most upright serious look and loquacious reasoning without second thought. It is his invincible responsibility to deal with a music record store that plays out loud music. Better behave as told; otherwise maybe it is time to pick up some real martial art than just watch kungfu fighting.

ps. Dear Sunshine, thanks for posting your comment to keep this topic alive. Again, my words are mainly for those who blindfold themselves with economy or for those who think they are superior enough that can hardly be hit indifferent ones. It is the fact that there are still too many out there who dont care. All together it causes todays consequences. We need these people to counter this everyone's vote count democracy. And the way to so called awake these people is XFXUXCXK them, in my humble opinion. If you know any Pan-blue site, please let me know. Thanks.

yay99 在 星期六 一月 18, 2014 3:04 am 作了第 1 次修改
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
sunshine
版面管理員

發表發表於: 星期日 十一月 16, 2008 8:03 am    文章主題: 引言回覆

Yay99:

I am trying to get you the Pan Blue sites for you to bomb. Please check out 網友留言版, see if any one gives you the feedback you are looking for.
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
yay99

發表發表於: 星期二 十一月 18, 2008 8:27 am    文章主題: 引言回覆

Sunshine,

Check into my account a few times, but it shows private message has been disabled on this board. ?
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
sunshine
版面管理員

發表發表於: 星期二 十一月 18, 2008 9:50 am    文章主題: 引言回覆

Yay99,

Do you mean 個人訊息嗎? I know mine never worked. If your worked in the past, I will raise the question to the system administration team and get back to you. Yay99, the site is one of the favorable site to be hack and bomb by Chinks and Pan Blue folks, so I know Mr Chiu probably disable couple functions that is easy to be hacked. Just my guess. Let me know. I know for a fact, many Taiwanese American in west coast can not get into news100 site. What happened was that the server company will disable any IP address that is questionable to prevent hackers. For example if the server was once hacked by IP address. 11.22.33. Rather than checking the source, the server company will just block 11.22.33. Hence many innocent viewers will not be able to get on. 南加客家協會的成員就一直向我反應. Until Mr Chiu (Owner of news100 and southnews) change server company, this might last for a little longer.

Yay99. if I remember correctly, you are at the silicon Valley and is a high tech person (from past reading). With the economy being so depressed, I have so many IT friends are looking for jobs. I think we can somehow use this format ( Formosa Connection) to network for Taiwanese Americans. This will be one way to help our fellow Taiwanese Americans, no?

http://www.fashionguide.com.tw/CateL/07/3_0_612.html
This is one of the sites that some Pan Green had asked for help before. I checked out the site, it is pretty mix, not entirely Pan Blue. I am continue to reach out to other viewers for you to see if there are hard core Pan Blue sites for you to bomb.

Regarding 媽祖, 觀音, 佛祖, God only helps the ones that help themselves first. If the Taiwanese people are not determine, how would God know how to help us. 學佛是學智慧, 學的變執著, 或妄想神靈會庇護, 失去了學佛的本意. And the folks who said those non sense stuff is the reason why Christians thinks that Buddhism is 迷信. However, as long as you hold the truth to your heart, do not despair. I recently are reading several books I brought back from Taiwan. In the religion portion, I enjoy reading 吳九箴's series. If you can get it in a local book store, check them out. If not, when I am done with my books, I will gladly send them to you to read. In political portion, I got Mr Chiu's 邱國禎的近代台灣慘史檔察 (must read). and 林毅夫的台灣人受虐性珞的心理分析, I highly recommend. There is another English version of Taiwanese history, that's very good for the youngsters. I will gladly send them to you if you have not read them already. I believe only when we know more about our Taiwanese history, we can have a better blue print of our future. By the way, do you have problem entry 漢字? I brought launch pad (手寫版) back with me this time, would you like me to send you one to use?

Check out 江建祥律師的談話. It is a rough road out there for us Taiwanese. As Taiwanese Americans we should do all we can to help our motherland. I do not know if you joined any TAA ( Taiwanese American Association) since last PW001 left a message for you. I just recently participated in the organization. For many years, I dislike the 是非. However, only when we join together, there will be power (one voice). My recommendation is only do what you feel comfortable at this time. No need to extend yourself. You will meet some people that really move you. At the same time, you will meet some people you wish you never knew them. Just like any other organization. : - )
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
yay99

發表發表於: 星期二 十一月 18, 2008 1:11 pm    文章主題: 引言回覆

I have continuously been taught numerous lessons from Chinese after these years. (The term Chinese is very general. There are Chinese from mainland, HK, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, and everywhere. I have met a few great Chinese people, and dont mean any harm to them as speaking in generality. ) I fear most of Chinese from mainland and HK. Repeat it again. It is the word fear. It is like the movie Alien that human fear. I guess no one opposes me if I say Chinese has the most complicated mindset. Strange enough, many of them always hold mechanical style smiles. Did someone tell them that constant smile cause wrinkles? Or they simply dont care about beauty at all? I am no eye doctor, but their pupils seem to disclose their minds are in great trauma. They dont seem to have the authentic human natures of joy, angry, or sorry. Rule of thumb is to survive well through a leech networking. That is exactly the spirit of Chinese. Dear Taiwanese folks, are you ready for this kind of life? Do you consider your dumb ass could qualify yourself as a Chinese? Even if you do, is it worth to turn yourself into an alien?

This time is my middle school teacher comes to play. He admonished me, society wont do any change for any single person. Only the person changes himself to fit into the society. It somewhat discloses that Chinese are frustrated on the real world, but deep inside their heart, they expected to see a hero. Very ironically, Chinese dont believe such things. So Confucius scholars create all kinds of perfect wholesome being living in the ancient times, far from reach. It is year 2008. NASA has reached out to the last frontier of outer space to capture blue planets; while Chinese ostriches continue to bury their heads inside the soil seeking out their fabricated glorious past. It is what KMT taught every single Taiwanese that it is your freaking honor to join the Chinese family. Cantonese were duped as poor rail-road laborers in early 1900, but Jackie Chans cartoon adventure made up stories of fighting justice stories? If Japanese changes the history of invading China, it is no doubt Japanese copies it from Chinese. Chinese is the world center of changing history since thousand years ago. Welcome to take my word as nonsense, but internet provides a very good resource to learn the truth from different angles. Again, English is the tool needed. What is the beauty to be a Chinese? and What is it like to live in a Chinese society? Could you ask yourself before you cast your next vote? If you cant clear up your KMT alien virus, bang the head against the wall may force out the virus! KMT virus is fragile in direct contact.

Together we stand. Divided we fail. Your vote counts!!

Sunshine,
Thanks for reminding me that news100 is a favorable site to Chinese hackers. It is better not to disclose much of personal information on public domain. Maybe there is another way to get in touch off line. Sorry I didnt reply to PW001. Not much time left after work. Thanks for the keypad offer. I will need to get Chinese fonts installed first.
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
sunshine
版面管理員

發表發表於: 星期二 十一月 18, 2008 7:02 pm    文章主題: 引言回覆

http://www.news100.com.tw/viewtopic.php?t=10033
Yay99,

This definitely echo your point of view about CHINESE....
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
sunshine
版面管理員

發表發表於: 星期四 十一月 20, 2008 7:20 am    文章主題: 引言回覆

Yay99,

A thought came to mind when people were saying that Taiwan is moving toward like Singapore. Singapore is a one party country as well, BUT the education system definitely emphasize English. Most of the Singaporean speaks and understand some kind of English. But their thinking are still very "Chinese"? I do not know the history of Singapore too much. Is it the leader Lee, or it is the culture instilled in that country already?
回頂端
檢視會員個人資料 發送私人訊息
從之前的文章開始顯示:   
發表新主題   回覆主題    《南方快報》南方論壇 首頁 -> Formosa Connection 所有的時間均為 台灣時間 (GMT + 8 小時)
前往頁面 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  下一頁
1頁(共17頁)

前往:  
無法 在這個版面發表文章
無法 在這個版面回覆文章
無法 在這個版面編輯文章
無法 在這個版面刪除文章
無法 在這個版面進行投票